Last week’s report that a marathoner gave birth to a surprise baby after a 10-mile training run recalled other recent reports of extreme and unusual delivery:
- Immediately After the Bar Exam: Elana Nightingale Dawson, 29, went into labor during the final portion of the bar exam in Illinois back in 2011, gritted her teeth, pounded the table, finished the exam and gave birth two hours later. And oh yeah, she passed.
- At Wal-Mart: The first baby of 2013 in Banks County, GA was born at Wal-Mart. Apparently this no longer qualifies as unusual.
- On a Remote Stretch of Utah highway: Lynette Hales gave birth to twins with the help of state troopers.
- To Our Own Grandchildren: 45-year-old Angie Stockton was the surrogate mother for her own grandchild when her daughter couldn’t carry a baby.
- After Just 5 Minutes Of Labor: Reported May 29, Erica Bovino went into labor with her second child 5 days early; her healthy daughter was born just 5 minutes after the first contraction.